Sunday, May 2, 2010

Salad Days


Home from vacation. We had a fun time but it is always nice to come home... Along the way we picked up some local Smoked Trout and decided to have a nice, light summer dinner of trout on salad. It seems that I may have put on a few pounds during the week from all of the S’mores and cheese.


I have to admit that we don’t always make our own dressing. I know, it is easy, but neither JustAwesome or I really enjoy doing it. Often we have a Ginger-Carrot Vinaigrette from Fresh Direct. I know.


So I propose a challenge for JA. She will make 10 dressings in 10 weeks. Let’s call this Just Awesome’s Dressing Challenge. What kind should we make? Feel free to yell something out or even post a recipe. We’ll need it. (We have miso paste in the house, if anyone has a suggestion...)


Um, don’t tell JA the game, if you see her.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, the fish looks gorgeous.
    Here's a French dressing: 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp salt, lots of black pepper and shake or whisk well. Add honey or sugar to sweeten.

    ReplyDelete