Monday, April 26, 2010

Pheral Cook



Hello from Phoenicia. We’re up here for the week to do nothing—sit in front of the fire, catch up on our reading, eat S’mores and maybe, if it stops raining, go on the occasional hike. Scout is having a blast. 


Scout’s “15 Minutes of Frame” in Woodstock

Been enjoying it so far, ate at the Little Bear today for lunch. Floods of childhood memories. Experimenting with the S’mores (and making them perfect!), drinking wine. Blah blah blah.
 

Good S’Mores, Bad Photo

The reason for this blog is that I’m learning how to cook. I thought we’d barbeque tonight. Got some meat (I don’t even know what kind of meat to buy. The butcher talked me into beef cubes & shrimp), some vegetables. City slickers couldn’t figure out how to turn on the grill. I kid you not. Ended up broiling the meat. It was just ok. JustAwesome had a tofu dog. We abandoned her grilled tofu. We did make a lovely roasted asparagus and some mushrooms and onions. Forgot the potatoes. Everything was tasty but...not the plan. 
 
Wine and fire made it great.

For the rest of my life, when I travel I am going to pack a Feral Cook Survivor Pack: good olive oil (we like Frankie’s), a chunk of parmesan/pecorino and course salt. I think the salt would’ve been good on the S’Mores. 

1 comment:

  1. Little Bear!!!!! Yummy!!
    I hope you are having the best of weeks and especially want to say Happy Birthday Feral Cook!
    xoxoxoxo
    PS FCSP: great idea!

    ReplyDelete